The Designer executes the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and identify trend directions; perform competitive analysis; pull and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos.
- Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure.
Operations & Results
- Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Create Illustrator sketches; review specification sheets and line sheets; ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Select and review raw materials and trims; ensure maintenance of fabric/trim library.
- Approve lab dips with Senior Designer(s) and ensure consistency with color standards and licensor directives, where appropriate; review prints and graphics where appropriate and advise revisions; manage fit process.
Customers & Relationships
- Coordinate follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design, production and vendors; manager interoffice communication.
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.